MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF DECEMBER 12, 2017
The Board of Trustees of the School Town of Speedway met in the Boardroom at the high school on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. The following Board members were present:
Dr. Terry E. Reed, President
Mr. Luke A. Bickel, Vice-President
Mr. Thomas M. Smith, Secretary
Mrs. Laura B. Daghe, Member
Mrs. Debra L. Gonzales, Member
1. Following a motion by Mrs. Daghe, and seconded by Mr. Smith, the Board voted five “ayes” and no “nays” to approve the minutes of the November 14, 2017 Board Meeting.
2. Following a recommendation by Superintendent Hull, a motion by Mr. Bickel, and a second by Mrs. Gonzales, the Board voted unanimously to recommend to the Municipal Executive that Dr. Terry Reed continue to serve as their non-voting member of the Speedway Redevelopment Commission.
3. Following a motion by Mrs. Daghe, and seconded by Mrs. Gonzales, the Board voted five ”ayes” and no ”nays” to authorize the school corporation treasurer to transfer appropriations within school fund accounts to complete year-end accounting requirements.
4. Following a motion by Mrs. Daghe, and seconded by Mr. Bickel, the Board voted five “ayes” and no “nays” to appoint its full membership and officers as the Board of Finance and to schedule a meeting of the Board of Finance at 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
5. Following a motion by Mr. Smith, and seconded by Mr. Bickel, the Board voted five ”ayes” and no ”nays” to re-appoint Mr. Denny Pelley to the Speedway Parks and Recreation Board beginning in January 2018 and running through December of 2021.
6. By consensus, the Board accepted $256,782.38 in grants. Copy attached.
7. Claims #816 through #978 were approved by signature and warrants were drawn.
8. Retiring Board President, Dr. Terry Reed, read a statement of appreciation for his years of service to the Speedway School Board.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 7:43 p.m.